Friday, February 22, 2013

2013 Reading List

It is that time of the year again when I have to start a new reading list before I forget which books I have read over the summer break. I really enjoy keeping a record of which books I read so that I can reflect upon my choices at different points in time and I will link this post into the 'I'm reading this...' blog button in my sidebar in case anyone else wants to check in here and there with a suggestion or just to see how I am going. I am off to a good start to the year but suspect that my reading run will slow from here on in as I get busier.

If I think it is a book that I would happily read again at some point I will list it in italics. 

1. Divisadero - Michael Ondaatje
2- The Red Queen - Philippa Gregory
3. The White Queen - Philippa Gregory
4. Legend - David Gemmell
5. Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade - Diana Gabaldon
6. Little Red Riding Hood and Other Classic French Fairytales - Jack Zipes
7. The Crucible - Arthur Miller
8. Red Dog - Louis  De Bernieres
9. Cloudbusting - Malorie Blackman
10. Genesis - Bernard Becket


The 2012 List (12 books read)
The 2011 List (7 books read)
The 2010 List (18 books read)
The 2009 List (57 books read)


2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed a couple of books by Michael Ondaatje before - might have a look for this one at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a great start to the year! I'm not doing that well so far this year...I'm still buying more books than what I'm reading! I think I need to read faster!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.